Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fashion & Physics

Don't worry, I am not going to get all "sciency" on you fashion fans.  Recently I made note that some fashion advice I had given out was questioned and ultimately turned down and it got me to thinking.  Even though I am really good at color and coordination and I absolutely love creating new outfits with what clients already own, fashion is NOT a science.  Nothing is exact and there is never a one size fits all answer.  For example, I had my Wayfarer days back in the 80's (a la Madonna)  and although I liked them, been there, done that.  My husband on the other hand, got his first pair this year and LOVES them.  And they look good.
Me at the beach circa 1985.
My fashion inspiration back in the day. My parents weren't pleased!
Mr. Pink Pagoda Style
Edgey designers have had men and women in (I hate this term) "drop crotch pants" for the last year and I wouldn't put them on for any reason.  If I was 20, I would probably have owned several pair and already been on to the next trend.  Fashion is very personal and only you know what feels like you, regardless of what anyone says.  Myself, magazines, books are only a guide and the rest is up to you.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love reading your fashion advice. Its a great point about fashion is not a one size fits all. However your direction is 'required'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim - PinkPagodaStyleMay 23, 2011 at 11:15 PM

    Thank you Anonymous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete