Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Love the little things...


One of my go to inspiration blogs is Design*Sponge,run by Brooklyn based writer, Grace Bonney.  All kinds of interiors, DIY's, and before and afters to spark your creativity.  Today, D*S posted home photos and sticky notes from three different women across the globe.  It was the sticky notes that got my attention.  Each women was asked what she loved about her home.  

This note was written by Graphic Designer, Sarah Sharpe of Sydney, Austrailia.


This note was written by Photographer Emma J. Noren , living in London.


And this note is written by former Seattlite and Blogger of "Roost" Caitlin Von Horn.  Now in Alabama.

Notice that each of these gals is not mentioning that their favorite thing is their Roche Bobois sofa or some other high priced item bought new.  It's about creating memories with good friends, family, sharing their guest bedroom, and quirky things like mismatched furniture.  This made me think about my own home.  When we are not in a position to upgrade the old sofa, redo the run down washrooms, or re carpet the entire house, it's time to seek out the small things.  And appreciate them.  I went around my home and took quick photos of some things that make me smile.


 This antique wheelbarrow from my mom just sits among my greenery. 


Two silver birdies gifted to me sit amongst a changing still life on my entry way console table.


I am a lover of books.  Some of this cluttered collection has been in my possession since early childhood.


Living on a main road in our neighborhood, impromptu "occasions" happen quite frequently.  We always save the corks and mark them with the date and names the bottle was shared with.


A lamp from my Grandma.  Not necessarily my "style" but since I don't get to see her often, I have a piece that reminds me of her every day.


 A Mexican Sacred Heart purchased on a milestone birthday trip with a fabulous friend.


My husband likes to stack rocks as his "Zen" thing.  His various stackings around our property are little reminders of him at his best, or calmest.  :)

Look around your home.  What little things make you smile?  Bring back a wonderful memory?  Things your family members know are special?

No comments:

Post a Comment